A Fire emblem community

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Velora fields - Shadows befall you.

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Carreu
Legend

Male
Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-01-03

PostSubject: Velora fields - Shadows befall you.   Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:39 am

"I am his subordinate..."

Xaihn is training vigorously, swinging his two rough edged swords in a fluid motion, as if dancing. Small needles zipped by him fast, outlining his movements to show his movements had to be absolutely perfect to avoid injury.

"You are a tool at best."

The solid white clothes of Xaihn fit his frame tightly, outlining every muscle, every slight uprising flesh from scarring. He wore no shoes and no gloves, but his wrists to his forearms were taped up. Xaihn twirls his right blade back as he spins clockwise, swinging both blades out to their respective sides. The needles flew by, the last one striking the wall behind him, leaving him completly unscathed. Xaihns silver hair fell into his face over his metallic blue eyes.

"Tools are needed to perform tasks. Once their tasks are performed...the tools are...discarded."

Xaihns body fell into a relaxed position, spinning the blades behind his back, sheathing them in their respective sheathes. Xaihns head remained bowed as the keeper, a man completely in red clothing and a red cloak thrown around his shoulders stepped into the room. The keeper watched Xaihn closely as he walked circles around him.

"If you can make it out of these grounds, then your training will have been a success. If not...well...that should be obvious."

Xaihn walked passed the keeper and through the door, making his way down the long caves path. Along his way he overcame many trials, agility trails of closing walls, speed trials of spike shooting walls. The last trial was that of power, the last of the trials and at the exit of the cave.

"...."

A large beast wielding a large axe appeared behind Xaihn and took a powerful swing at Xaihn. Xaihn jumped up, letting his right foot touch the flat side of the axe as it passed, letting its momentum provide Xaihn with enough spin to flip over the beasts arm. Xaihn lands on the ground and the axe crashes into the cave wall, which causes a few rocks to fall down and block the exit completely. The battle goes on mainly by The beast attacking wildly and Xaihn dodging, never making any offensive moves at the beast until the beasts swings his axe downward to cleave Xaihn in two. Xaihn sidesteps to the left then runs up the long axe handle, jabbing his right sword into the beasts neck with enough force to make the beast stumble back..which it does. The beast stumbles close to the blocked path and Xaihns feet connect to the wall where he then pushes hard on the wall to flip himself over, thus forcing the blade to cleave the beasts jaw in two and send Xaihn flipping to the ground. The beast bellows in pain and falls back, crashing into the rubble, re-opening the path. Xaihn hurries and runs over the beast and jumps outside. The beast gets up and charges at Xaihn, blood and saliva running down its chest. The beast raises its mighty axe to swing at Xaihn when its body fell to ash. There stood the keeper atop the cave, his hand held out..he had stopped the beast, for Xaihn had completed all the trials.

"A fine tool you will make, Xaihn."

The keeper threw a red cloak at Xaihns feet. Xaihn looks at the cloak then reaches down and picks it up, throwing it around his shoulders. Immidiatly his body reacts to the magic imbued cloak, his entire body, with the exception of his face became a canvase as red and black tattoos were magically written onto him. Xaihn bowed his head then the keeper vanished. Xaihn stood in a field of rolling hills and fireflies. The fireflies were of so great a number, the ground appeared to be flaming. The only thing in sight aside from the hills was a lone town, obviously not a bustling town, but a small village, mainly thugs and very few people of a decent nature.

"A tool..He thinks I will only be a tool...? That fool."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fireside.activebb.net
Ya-sama

Male
Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2007-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Velora fields - Shadows befall you.   Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:23 am

"You there!" a small thug yelled.

"Who me?" Lantis replied.

"Yeah, you. Give me all your money if you want to live." The thug pulled out a small knife.

"I'm sorry, but I have no money on me, perhaps if you tried someone else."

"You liar!" the thug lunged at Lantis. Lantis dodged the thugs attack.

"I'm in no mood to fight you." Lantis muttered. The thug didn't listen and kept jabbibg his knife at Lantis. Lantis easily dodged the thug's unorganized attacks.

"I didn't want to do this but, you've given me no choice." Lantis upercuts the thug's jaw, breaking it, and sends him flying into a nearby wall. The thug ran away in fear. Lantis gives a sigh.

"That's the fourth thug that tried to rob me. Oh well, it's to be expected from this sort of place." Lantis proceeds down the path, to find what looks like an inn. Lantis enters the inn, to find it very busy with thug-like people.

"I should keep a low profile here." Lantis thought. He goes up to the counter.

"May I have one of your Feri ale?" Lantis asked.

"That'll be 20 gold pieces." the bartender replied.

"Those prices are a bit high. Don't ya think." Lantis muttered. Then someone busted through the door. Everyone became silent. Lantis turns around to see that it was the thug that try to mug him earlier, but this time he brought some friends.

"There he is!" the thug points at Lantis. The group walks up to Lantis.

"So...you're the guy that defied the rules of this town." the biggest thug yelled. Everyone then eyed Lantis with evil looks. They all pulled out knives, swords, axes, or anything that could be used as a weapon.

"Rules, eh. I didn't see anything about the rules of this town." Lantis calmly replied.

"What! You arrogant Son of a..." Lantis kicked him on the side of the head before he could finish his sentence. The thug fell down. Two thugs leaped at Lantis, but Lantis jumps into the air and lands on a few thugs. Lantis was beating down thug after thug. One thug almost got Lantis in the back.

"Damn! There's no end to them. I have no choice then." Lantis draws out his sword. and starts reciting a spell. The sky got darker. The thugs were all confused by what is happening.

"Lightning Bolt, Come Forth!" A huge bolt of lightning blasts the entire inn. Most of everyone died from the attack. The inn was in a blaze. Lantis walked out of the inn. Lantis' left arm was now bleeding badly.

"Damn. Shouldn't have used my own magic in the inn. Nearly killed myself with my own magic." The remaining thugs were crying for help as they lay helplessly in the blazing inn.

"Forgive me, but it could not be helped. May all your souls rest." Lantis silently muttered. He walks out of the town and is now in a field.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daikun

Male
Number of posts : 365

PostSubject: Re: Velora fields - Shadows befall you.   Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:16 pm

A gentle breeze blew through the air, stirring the grass, as if it were a pot of stew, bringing with it the smell of flowers.

A young man lay in the grass, taking a deep rest. His hair blew across his face, tickling his nose, causing him to sneeze, quite loudly.

He slowly sat up, brushing dirt off his arms, and patting his head, to wake himself up. He noticed the wind's smell change, from flowers, to burning flames. He noticed a village on fire, but decided against going towards it.

Suddenly, he was rushed by a few bandits, who began blaming him for burning the village.

They rushed him, their axes raised, while he just moved out of the way quickly.

He drew his two swords, and proceeded to cut down his opponents, one by one.

Soon, the ground was littered with corpses, and the man was covered in blood.

"Feh, such useless fighting. Time to go." The man walked towards a cave, for his next rest.

Woohoo, thanks, Jeff!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.daylnn.com
Aitze
Mercenary

Male
Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2007-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Velora fields - Shadows befall you.   Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:23 pm

Pacing silently through the shadows of a village, a cat looked into the main street, which was filled with muscular, untrustworthy-looking men.
The cat itself looked unnatural, with gray fur and a symmetrical black pattern that looked slightly like an ancient, magical rune of unknown power.
Jumping up a few boxes, it entered the village's inn through a window, and ended up in the kitchen.

The creature's outlines started to change, limbs getting longer, paws turning into sleek, elegant hands, and in the light of a dimly lit lantern, stood a young, feminine boy of about 15 years old, tall, with long brown hair and brown eyes, and hairy, pointed ears. Suddenly, the boy staggered and fell to the ground.

Ahh... I guess this is to be expected after living of rodents for a week.
This isn't the most pleasant place around, now is it? I guess I'll just steal about enough food to sustain my human form for a while, and then leave...

Digging through the kitchen as silently as he could, Aitze took all the meat he could find, skipping the loafs of bread and vegetables. He stuffed them through the window, and prepared to tranform and follow it, but -

"And what do you think you're doing?" Turning around, he saw a tall, unhealthy-looking man carrying a large, dangerous-looking chipped knife.

"Erm, I... well, err... I..." Aitze uttered, frightened by the huge knife.

"Hmm? What's this...? A girl? Now, that's interesting..." Turning his head, the thug yelled: "Boys, come on ever here an' look at what I've found!"

The sound of footsteps rang, and through the door entered a group of three men, varying in size, yet each disturbingly similar to the first one.

"Nice find, bro! This'll get us a nice fee-" Said a muscular, dumb-looking one with sleek hair, staring at the chubby hand that had interrupted him.
A slightly fat man with a disturbing glare in his eyes stepped forward.

"Now, miss, would you be as kind as to explain what you were doing in this here inn's kitchen?"

"Well, I... erm... I wanted to..."
Idiot, what are you standing around here talking to thugs for? Just escape through the window!

Gathering his courage, Aitze threw a pan at the first man, which hit him square on the head, turned into a cat, and jumped into the street, where he quickly grabbed the little food he could find. Inside the house, he heard the fat man shouting, followed by a horde of footsteps.

I wasn't planning on doing this, but I'm afraid I have no choice - I must escape here no matter what.

Tracing his memories of the spell with his crossed fingers, he drew a circle in the air, followed by runes, a moon, a figure, and - finally- a thunderbolt. Uncrossing his fingers, he released the magic and ran, without looking back at the unfortunate thug that went down, into the fields.

OFF-TOPIC: Sorry if this is bad, i'm so bad at rping! :{
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://silethas.deviantart.com
Carreu
Legend

Male

PostSubject: Re: Velora fields - Shadows befall you.   Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:27 pm

Xaihn had already made his way into the village and was walking down the main street. The commotion of the blaze had enraged the thugs in this town, so they all brandished their weapons of axes and the like. Many of them shouted curses at Xaihn as he walked down the street calmly, as if nothing was happening. Ahead of him, Xaihn notices a single thug running torward him, his hand held open at his side. Xaihn smiled and he held his arm loosely at his side with a grin until the man got close. His arm seemed to fade and he braced himself as he thrust his right arm forward at the mans chest. The man ran straight through his arm and stopped behind him, growing cold. In Xaihns faded hand, there was the mans soul, caught in the ghastly grasp. The soul started screeching and writhing until it was engulfed in black flames and simply vanished before Xaihns arm became whole once more.

"Demon!"

Shouted the thugs as a few spilled from the ally and stod before Xaihn, acting tough, even thought there were visually quivering in their boots. One of the thugs using a sword rushed Xaihn and swiped at him violently, his motions were very predictable. Xaihn simply shifted and leaned his body in various ways, avoiding ever strike while keeping his hands under his cloack until the thug swung his blade downward at Xaihns head. Xaihn knelt a little and whipped both of his sword from his back and crossed them over his head to block the shot. he flicked his wrists and rolled the blades so the thugs sword and Xaihns two swords stuck in the ground. Xaihn placed his palms on the hilts of his sword and wheel kicked the thug in the head, sending him whirling int the thugs behind him. When Xaihns feet hit the ground he knelt once more and crossed the blades in front of his body, watching the others as the ran away from him.

"Heh. Imbecils."
Back to top Go down
Abyssion

PostSubject: Re: Velora fields - Shadows befall you.   Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:55 pm

Izotz stood in a dark ally way, with two brute thugs holding his arms back, and a smaller thug standing in front of him.

"Hehehe...Let's see what kind of goods ye got."

The man rummaged through Izotz's pockets, and pulled out an ice cold vial with a light blue liquid in it.

"Damn it, that's my invicable potion, you bastard!" Izotz bluffed, since it actually turns whatever it touches to ice.

"Oh ho! Really, eh? Well I'll just have to take a little sip for myself then."

He opened the vile and was about to drink it, but he figured that Izotz was lying. So he ordered the two men to pry his mouth open, so he could pour a drop of the potion down his through. Izotz didn't resist, and drank the potion. Nothing happened at first, but after a few seconds, a small amount of ice formed around where his stomache was. Then the ice slowly spread until his entire body was made of ice. From his arms, several icicles pierced into the thugs chests. Blood spilt all over the ground.

The short thug smirked, and took a sip of the potion himself. Just like before, his stomach area turned into ice, and the ice spread until his entire body was made of ice. Since he wasn't skilled in ice magic, he couldn't move his body at all. Izotz shot several sharp icicles at the now frozen man, which shattered into a million peices.

Then the ice on both of them dissapeared, and Izotz body was back to normal. The man was not so fortunate. Since his ice was scattered everywhere, his body was scattered everywhere, and his blood and guts were all over the ground.

Izotz picked up the blood stained ice potion. It was now half empty.

"Damn it! Why did you drink so freaking much! Oh wait, that's right. You can't here me, can you?"

He walked off, his light blue mage robes covered in blood.
Back to top Go down
Mikaboshi

Male
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Velora fields - Shadows befall you.   Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:43 pm

Five policemen rode up to the redhead lass in white on their dirt-brown horses, their spears pointed, freshly sharpened, pointed at her. She dodged just in time. The one in the middle, obviously the ringleader, looked at her with vicious eyes and an even more vicious scowl. "We've finally caught you, murderer. Took a long while to track you down, it did! Sneaky wench... killing everyone in the inn like that, you really think we'd give up the chase?" he growled in an enraged voice.

Rena, unmoved, looked straight into the constable's eyes. "The men there were absolute pigs. And I slaughtered them like pigs. They made unappropriate advances on me, so of course I chopped them up! They had it coming, the lot! I will not regret what I did back in that town." She crossed her arms in a defiant manner.

"You insolent...!! Kill her now! She must not live! Fight with your lives!!" All five of them surrounded her and removed their swords to up their advantage. Rena, with no weapons but her cleaver, drew it and made a break for the forest. It was small, and easy for her to dodge enemy attacks. All five of them charged into the forest without a thought. She made quick work of the first one, quickly slicing his stomach open. The hydrochloric acid then sprayed on the cavalier next to him, burning his flesh and armor off. Both fell of their horses, and the released stallions, frightened and confused, rode to the west. Rena jumped onto a tree, performing a wall jump, and slicing the unsuspecting third knight with a clean slice, spliting him perfectly in half. The remaining cavalier fled, savoring his life. Miscounting the constable, Rena let her guard down, only to be speared in the shoulder. He smirked. "Yes... yes, this forest will be a perfect grave for you!!" Rena tossed her cleaver at his head, killing the constable instantly. He released his spear and fell from his horse. She raised herself from the ground, and cleaned herself of dirt. Cringing for a moment, she pulled the spear from her shoulder and drank a vulernary. Retrieving the bloodied cleaver from the constable's severed head, she cleaned it off and sighed.

She exited the forest and looked up at the sky, sitting on the grassy plains.

"Keiichi-kun... where are you?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ya-sama

Male

PostSubject: Re: Velora fields - Shadows befall you.   Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:28 pm

Lantis, now clutching his left arm to stop the bleeding, slowly made his way across the field. Behind him, part of the village was in a blazing inferno. A fairly large group of people franticaly pursued Lantis.

"Why are they so damn persistent?" Lantis just kept proceeding his way. The group finaly caught up with Lantis.

"Hey you! Magic Man! You think we'll let you get away with what you did to our village!" A rather beefy man yelled.

"I'm am truely sorry about your village, but I had to defend myself from the thugs."

"Liar! Get him boys!" the people lunged at Lantis with swords and knives.

"Why am I constantly getting into these fights?" Lantis, with his right arm, punched a guy in the face. He dodged a knife that was thrown at him.

"Please, I do not wish to fight." the people didn't listen and kept attacking Lantis. Lantis kneed a man in the chest. Lantis finished off the rest of the people. Just as Lantis started to relax, a large group of thugs rushed out of the village.

"Damnit! Why are they attacking me? I've done nothing wrong...except burn a down a part of the village." Lantis made haste to get away from the thugs. Some of the thugs were equipped with bows. They started to fire arrow at Lantis.

"Barrier Circle." A magical barrier formed around Lantis. It blocked the arrows and then faded away. Lantis kept running. The thugs sent another volley of arrows at Lantis.

"Agh! Damn!" An arrow got Lantis on the back, right at his left shoulder. Lantis removed the arrow.

"No choice now..." Lantis drew out his sword. Lantis turned around and ran at the thugs. He had trampled the first few thugs that were in his way. Lantis did not aim for any vital spots of each of the thugs. He blocked a thug's axe and then kneed him. The skirmish only lasted a few moments, due to Lantis' superior swordmanship. All the thugs lied there moaning in pain. Some were cursing at Lantis.

"Be glad that I didn't take any of your lives." Lantis continued his way across the field. He found a tree that he could rest on. He climbs the tree to find a suitible branch to rest on. He found one and rested on it. In a few moments, Lantis fell asleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikaboshi

Male

PostSubject: Re: Velora fields - Shadows befall you.   Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:35 pm

Rena, after reminiscing over her dear friend, she got up off the moist ground. Gathering her supplies, she noticed an odd fellow sleeping in the tree, on a sturdy branch. Paying little attention to the man, she set off. "Weeeeeh~... this blood's gonna be a pain to get out.", she cried to herself.

After a good four hours, she reached the next town. She entered to find half of the village charred. This left Rena dumbfounded. She explored through the wreckage, finding burnt corpses, torched furniture, everything was burnt to a crisp. "...what could have done this? Was it an accident?", she pondered. Nevertheless, she made her way to the slightly-happier and still standing part of town. Taking out some spare clothes, she changed in an empty alleyway, and made haste to the well, to make sure that the blood was removed before it dried.

Soon, her dress was looking good as new. She cleaned off all the blood and stains, and had sown all tears in it. Rena then entered an inn, asking for a room. The innkeeper examined Rena, and smirked. "Oh, I'm sorry, we're completely booked. But maybe tonight, if you come to my room, I might find something available..."

Rena smiled at him with a cute face. "Do you want the rest of this village burned down?" She brandished her cleaver, still smiling.

The innkeeper's jaw dropped, some people screamed, and others rose from their chairs, either ready to run like sweet hell, or to prepare for a fight. Frantic, the innkeeper took the nearest key he could find and slammed it on the desk. "R-r-r-r-room 56!! Free of charge!! Please forgive me, ma'am!!!" She took the keys and went upstairs. She entered her room, locked the door, and changed back into her white dress. She laid down on the bed, and went to sleep. "Sigh... What a day."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carreu
Legend

Male

PostSubject: Re: Velora fields - Shadows befall you.   Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:17 pm

During his run in with some thugs, he watched a few people enter and exit the village. Should he follow the girl the entered, the guy who left, or should he go found the made on the hill..? He sighs then gathers his two swords, sheathing them behind his back before heading to the tree in which Lantis went to sleep. It was a short trip through the fields and so he came across the thugs that Lantis had left laying injured in the fields. He stepped among the men and peered down at them as some grabbed at his boot straps and the bottom of his cloak, groaning in pain. Xaihn tilted his head slightly then reached down, grabbing a hand full of hair, dragging one of the men to their feet. For a moment he seemed somwhat compassionate...until he heard the whistle of an arrow in the air. He wheeled the man around and ducked behind him and he supported his weight, the arrow skillfully peircing the man in his heart. Xaihn lowered the man to the ground and looked at the shot...it was perfect. Three arrows were now signaled by three whistles, Xaihn spotted them and swiped his right arm through the air, the bandages incasing his arm rips and black flame englufed the arrows, leaving only the steel arrow heads hovering above his hand. On his hand were five rings, one for each finger, these rings allowed Xaihn to manipulate any type of metal easily and this is what he was doing.

He waited patiently until he spotted the archer the thrusted his arm forward, sending the three arrow heads forward that such force that a loud boom rang out into the air. The archer was dead in an instant. Xaihn began walking once more torward the tree that Lantis lay in, and soon he stood under it. He watched Lantis quietly for a moment, kneeling in the grass near the tree.
Back to top Go down
Aitze
Mercenary

Male
Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2007-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Velora fields - Shadows befall you.   Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:22 am

Sitting down against a tree, Aitze put down the few pieces of dried meat and fish he had been able to steal.
This will only be enough to sustain my human form for three days at best. He thought. It might last longer if I only eat one strip of meat in the mornings and only be a human when necessary, but I won't be able to practice magic - and I still haven't perfected that blocking spell yet.

Sighing, he opened his bag and took out his sketchbook, and a metal pen.
The sketchbook was nothing special - just sheets of paper with a tattered leather casing - but the pen looked expensive and complicated, with silver ornaments, and a small piece of high-quality graphite came out when the top was clicked.
The tired boy turned over the pen and looked at the silver ingravings.

Beneficus... he read. It's been so long since I heard that name. Not that that's a bad thing, I guess - I hated the man anyway - But somehow, I keep thinking about the high quality meat and comfortable cushions in that residence... Guess I was spoiled.

he opened the sketchbook and browsed through pages full of spells, some sketchy, some perfected, and some just plain drawings for fun, and stopped at a page full of scribblings and sketches.

Let's see... The first few didn't work, and one actually hurt me...

His finger stopped at an intricate circle, filled with details - a bloody knight lifting his shield to block an attack, you could see the sun reflected in the drops of blood - and said to himself, more loud than he was planning to;

"...This one worked perfectly, but takes 4 minutes at best to activate - And I sure don't have that much time in a fight - But what else can I think of that would have a good chance of blocking an attack, yet simple enough to draw in a second or less..?"

A sword being cut in half? You should be able to activate it just by drawing two stripes after some practice...

"...No, that won't work - I might end up disabling my own knife, or my thoughts will drift off to a random part of my body that aches and that will be cut... Plus, what if the opponent has an axe?"

A shield?

"Pfeh, that wouldn't do anything unless there was a shield nearby... Oh, wait! A TRIANGLE! It's easy to draw, and should be able to activate a barrier... Now, how to make something as unpredictable as a triangle drawn into the air in a mere half of a second be strong enough to block..?"

Scribbling, Aitze started to perfect his new spell, pausing once in a while to take a bite off his strap of dried meat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://silethas.deviantart.com
Ya-sama

Male

PostSubject: Re: Velora fields - Shadows befall you.   Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:51 pm

Lantis awoke from his sleep. He felt that someone was watching him. He looks down to find a man watching him.

"Who are you?" Lantis asked cautiously, because he was at a disadvantage from hhis position. The man didn't answer, he just stood there.

"If you are not a thug, you have no business with me. I'm but a wandering swordsman, who wants to find a peaceful tree to sleep on." The man still did not answer.

"The silent type eh? Well anyways...I do not want to be involved in a conflict with a fellow traveler." Lantis gave him a small smile. Lantis jumped off the tree. He started towards a nearby cave.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daikun

Male

PostSubject: Re: Velora fields - Shadows befall you.   Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:06 pm

After a bit of sleep, the man woke up, and noticed someone heading towards the cave.

"Well, now. This'll be interesting. Just who is this guy?"

He pondered if he should go to the guy, or just stay hidden, 'til he got close enough to see if he was dangerous.

He chose the latter, and hid behind a nearby bush outside the cave.

Woohoo, thanks, Jeff!
Back to top Go down
Galnik
Recruit

Male
Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2007-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Velora fields - Shadows befall you.   Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:23 pm

Lasinadrin had been chained to a cold cell wall. His wrists and ankles were bleeding because the chains that bound them had been tghtened so the point where no blood could circulate through.

"Time for your meal, vermin!" A guard sneered at him. He had thrown the leftovers of one of his earlier meals.

"You will die!" Lasinadrin snapped. He tugged at his chains and felt them weaken. When he noticed his chance to escape, he relaxed and added. "I may let you live, as long as you agree to obey me."

"I will never obey you. You're a coward, a dog that runs from everyone that he sees. You cannot escape, just give in and accept your life as it is."

Lasinadrin watched the guard turn his back, then he pulled on the chains as hard as he could and broke the chain that was restaining his right arm. He turned his body and broke the chain on hid right leg, then he ripped the chain on his left arm. Lasinadrin focused all of his strength and ripped the final chain out of the wall.

"Jail break!" One of the guards yelled. "All guards in the third section report immediatly!"

"Death shall befall those that oppose me!" Lasinadrin screamed. "Nobody shall break me!" Lasinadrin charged at the nearest guard and impaled him with his left arm. He retracted his sword as he listened to the guards screams echo down the darkened hallways.

"It's you, vermin!" The guard from earlier said. He jabbed at Lasinadrin's torso, but he had over estimated his reach and lost his balance, falling right into Lasinadrin's range.

Lasinadrin just beheaded the guard and ran down the hallway, grabbing a torch before he entered the next section of the prison. "No, this... it can't be!" Lasinadrin thought to himself when he saw the final section of the prison.

The fourth section was a torture chamber. There were numerous cell mates that had been either whipped to death or died of starvation. The air hung thick with sweat and cries of pain could be heard echoing constantly. Pools of blood covered the ground, and the walls were covered with dried sweat.

Lasinadrin turned from the chamber and sorinted for the exit. He threw his torch at the door to set it afire. When he reached the door, he rammed it with all of his strength and tore the door off of its hinges. He saw that the second chamber was devoid of any life, all of the prisoners had either escaped or been released!

Lasinadrin smiled as he saw there was no resistance in the first section either. He sprinted out the front gate and found that there was a team of fifty knights, armed and waiting, just outside of the prison. Lasinadrin laid his back against the fortified walls of the prison and slipped away through the bushes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Galnik
Recruit

Male
Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2007-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Velora fields - Shadows befall you.   Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:55 pm

I so did not just use two characters......

Last edited by on Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
berserk_banana

Male
Number of posts : 95

PostSubject: Re: Velora fields - Shadows befall you.   Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:11 am

A man, clad in ebony black armour, knelt down and examined one of the charred corpses littered about.

These aren't fire burns...they came from lightning...

"Search the village! This is the work of a thunder mage! Round up any and all mages you find, then report back here! I'm going to scout around the field in case he's already left the village."
"At once, Captain Zane!"

Zane brushed his mousy brown hair out of his face. He'd been doing some recon in the fields when an explosion sounded in the distance and smoke began to rise from the village. By the time he and his men had gotten there, the village inn was a charred wreck, and other, smaller blazes had broken out in the inn's vicinity.

Whoever did thta is obviously a powerful mage, but...why sacrifice your life force for the sake of burning down an inn? Was he being threatened by the village's thugs? Whatever the case may be, he'll not escape me. In the meantime, I'd better get back to my men.

"What's the status of the village?"
"Nothing that isn't obvious. It's still mostly intact, but that blaze took a heavy toll. The mortality rate was astounding."
"Suspects."
"There were no mages. However, we did see a few people leave the town during our search. One of them looked pretty beaten up, like a survivor from the explosion. Shall we pursue him?"
"Let him go. It's late, and we need to rest. Hopefully, there's another inn around here."

"Are you certain there aren't any rooms left?"
"Sorry captain. Of course, my memory's a bit sketchy. There might be one available, but you migh--*gulp*"
The man stopped abruptly, a hot lance tip pressed against his throat.
"Is this enough prodding, innkeeper?"
"Er, yes, sir. Rooms 57-60, all available for you and your men. Completely free of charge."
Beads of sweat began to dot the man's forehead.
"Thought as much. Try to cheat me again and you'll be roasting on my spear."

Whee...lame? Yes. But hey, best I could come up with. -_- Your up, Mika! Don't chop my head off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ya-sama

Male

PostSubject: Re: Velora fields - Shadows befall you.   Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:12 pm

Lantis slowly made his way to the mouth of the cave, still clutching his left arm to stop the bleeding.

"There's an evil aura that emits from the cave." Even though Lantis was aware of the evil aura, he still ventured inside. Lantis examined the cave walls.

"There was a battle here. Judging by the remains, the battle consisted of a man and some sort of beast. It seems that the man was victorious." Lantis continued examining the cave.

"Hmmm? Ashes?" Lantis examined the ashes further. The ashes then glowed a dark reddish color.

"So, it seems that the evil aura was emiting from this pile of ashes." Lantis unsheathed his sword. The ashes materialized into a large beast. The beast roared and picked up a rather large axe, bigger than any human could carry it.

"Come." Lantis muttered. The beast charged at him. It swung its axe at Lantis. Lantis jumps to avoid the axe, but he hits his head on the ceiling of the cave.

"Ow! Damn! I forgot that this was a cave. This will seriously restrict my jumping abilities." Lantis prepares for the beast's next attack. The beast charged at Lantis again.

"Aarrgghh! My arm!" Lantis' arm was in so much pain, that he couldn't avoid the attack. So Lantis tried blocking the axe with his sword. Clank! Lantis successfully blocked, but do to the shear strength of the beast, Lantis was sent flying. Lantis flies to a stalagtite.

"Ugh!" Lantis flies through the the stalagtite and finaly hits the ground. The beast charges at him again. Lantis had his back to the beast. Lantis turns around. Bang!

"Ugh!" The beast headbutted Lantis in the chest. Lantis is sent flying through the cave mouth and hits a nearby tree. The beast is now at the mouth of the cave, preparing to charge at him for the last time.

"Heh...I've been very careless for a while now. This is probably the end for me." The beast, with the axe in its hands, charges at Lantis.

"Finally it'll end."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daikun

Male

PostSubject: Re: Velora fields - Shadows befall you.   Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:32 pm

Daikun followed the man, watching the blood run down his arm and fingers, debating on whether he was dangerous or not. Soon, a deep roar came from within the cave, the source being a large, tige-like creature wielding a large axe.

Daikun watched as the man struggled to defeat the creature, but his wounds were too much for him. He tried to defend against the creature's next attack, but he was sent flying into a stalagtite.

Daikun felt he'd watched enough. He quickly drew his blades, and quickly ran behind the beast, and began stabbing several areas of the beast's back. The beast yowled in pain, and tried to find the source of his annoyance.

He quickly turned around, sighted his target, and brought his axe down, but Daikun managed to dodge, and the beast's axe got stuck in the ground.

Daikun quickly took this opportunity to cut off the beast's right hand, sending the beast fleeing to safety.

Daikun walked over to the man who was fighting the beast earlier, and politely asked, "Are you okay?" extnding his hand towards the stranger. "My name is Daikun. What's yours?"

Woohoo, thanks, Jeff!
Back to top Go down
Mikaboshi

Male

PostSubject: Re: Velora fields - Shadows befall you.   Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:39 pm

Rena woke up from a quick nap. She stretched her arms and yawned, then got out of bed. She looked around and retrieved her cleaver from the small table, then gathered the rest of her belongings. Rubbing out remains of sleep from her eyes, she exited her room only to come across a strange, brown-haired man in dark armor. He and his men blocked her path to the inn's exit. She found no way to go around them, so she decided to convince them.

"Pardon sir, but I'd like to pass. Please move your men.", she said in a calm and polite manner.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abyssion

PostSubject: Re: Velora fields - Shadows befall you.   Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:32 pm

Izotz walked through the now chaotic streets. Soldiers were now running every which way, and some villagers were standing outside their houses while watching half their village light up in flames.

Suddenly, a random soldier ran up to him, panting, and said, "Sir, you look like a mage. Could you help this town fight the mage that burned some of the town?"

"I've had quite enough of this town," Izotz said, showing the blood on his sleeves.

"But innocent lives are at stake! How can you just leave and let this village be destroyed!"

"Fine! I'll put out the damned flames, then I'll leave."

"My orders are to bring you to Captain Zane. Please, come with me."

"Captain Zane can go to hell as far as I'm concerned."
(No offence to Nanner)

Izotz ran off towards the open flames, and eventually made it to the inn that had burst into flames. He unleashed a light, but large chill that encircled the inn. Then, he unleashed a stronger, focused chill right at the flaming inn, which was, of course, the fuel. At first, nothing seemed to happen, but after about five minutes, the flames died down.

Izotz had no idea what time it was, but he was getting tired. The inn was probably full by now, but he saw a nice tree nearby. There was someone fiddling with some sort of note book.

That'll have to do. I'm really tired.

Izotz calmly sat down on the opposite side of the person, who's gender he couldn't decide.

"Hey...you wouldn't mind if I took a little nap here...would you?" Izotz said in a low, soft voice. Before Aitze could answer, Izotz was already asleep.

Last edited by on Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ya-sama

Male

PostSubject: Re: Velora fields - Shadows befall you.   Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:31 pm

Lantis saw that he was saved. He had a relieved look in his eyes.

"Yeah, thanks to you, I'm still alive. I'm Lantis. Thank you Daikun." Lantis grabbed hold of Daikun's hand with his right hand and got up.

"Ugh!" Lantis kneeled down. "Looks like I took a nasty beating from the beast. This wound on my arm is getting infected. I need to treat it now, or I may lose this arm. Have any herbs on you?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daikun

Male

PostSubject: Re: Velora fields - Shadows befall you.   Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:36 pm

"Herbs? No, but this might work just as well."

Daikun pulled out a small bottle, filled with a strange green liquid, which he poured on some bandages he took from his satchel, and proceeded to bandage Lantis's arm, taking care not to make the wound worse.

Once he was done, he helped Lantis to stand up.

"Let's get out of this musty old cave, shall we?"

Woohoo, thanks, Jeff!
Back to top Go down
berserk_banana

Male
Number of posts : 95

PostSubject: Re: Velora fields - Shadows befall you.   Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:50 pm

"You just let him go!?"
"Well, he was using ice magic. I thught the one who started it used thunder?"
"Moron! They're both part of the anima branch! Did it occur to you that he might be the one who caused that blaze!?"

The furious captain stormed out of the inn, paying little heed to the blonde girl that had approached.

BAH. What an incompetent lot of curs I've been assigned. If you want something done, you have to do it yourself.

Zane leapt onto the roof of a nearby shop. Being a dragoon knight, he was an expert at this sort of thing.

Let's see if I can't find that mage...there!

A man in blue was leaving the town and walking towards a tree with someone else under it. Zane leapt from rooftop to rooftop, anxious to catch the mage before he went too far. At last, when he was within earshot,

"Oy, you! Get back here! No mages are allowed to leave this vilalge!"

Zane landed right in front of the man, determined to halt him and send him back to the village.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ya-sama

Male

PostSubject: Re: Velora fields - Shadows befall you.   Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:38 pm

"Yes, this cave has evil emitting from it." Lantis began to walk.

"Hey, what was that green liquid? It actually help stop the pain." Lantis then looked around and saw that there was a commotion at the town entrance.

"Hey! It looks like there are two guys arguing over there. Want to go and see?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikaboshi

Male

PostSubject: Re: Velora fields - Shadows befall you.   Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:07 pm

"Hmph! Rude little... I've had enough of this town!" Rena, very angry, marched out of the inn. Everyone but her noticed the innkeeper ducking behind the counter as she passed. She reached outside only to hear the shouts of people. "A mage! We've found a mage!", "We've got him now! He'll pay!", and "Catch him!" were some of the cries she heard. They only succeded in giving Rena a headache.

"Geeez~... Shut up already! I just woke up!" She was tired of the screaming, so she decided to go the source. She arrived soon at the gates of the village to find... the same knight from the inn! Rena, still tired and suffering from her headache, dodged through the mass of people to the front, and she approached the man. "Oi! What's with this crowd? They're all gathering around you! Call them off, their voices give me a headache!" She demanded in an unpleasant tone.

Her remarks came with a string of complaints. "Who does that girl think she is?!", "H-how dare she talk to him in such a way! He's caught our man! She should respect him!". A long line of curses and obscenities followed, until Rena's mental tolerence was at end. She drew her cleaver to scare them shut.

"Shut up."

Those two words silenced the crowd to a soft murmur.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Velora fields - Shadows befall you.   

Back to top Go down

Velora fields - Shadows befall you.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next